> Where to stay in Agra
There is no shortage of hotels in Agra. You can stay in a Rs 500 per night guest house to a Rs 20.000 per night luxury room at The Oberoi Amarvilas. Checkout the below list:
- Hotel Taj Resorts
- The Retreat
- Hotel Moti Palace
- Hotel Amar, budget hotels
- Hotel Clarks Shiraz
- Crystal Sarovar Premiere
- Radisson Hotel, Star rated
- Courtyard by Marriott
- ITC Mughal
- The Ooberoi Amarvilas, Luxury Hotels
> How to reach Agra
You can either catch a direct flight or train for Agra, or land at Delhi 1st and then book a cab for Agra, available at Rs 3,000 with our Delhi to Agra taxi service. Or catch a train from Delhi to Agra which can land you in Agra is less than 2 hours, like:
- Vande Bharat Express: 14:40 departure
- Gatimaan Express: 08″10 departure
> Best time to visit Agra?
Agra is a 12 month destinations and travellers from all over the worked visit it. Though months from August to April are considered as high season dates in Agra, and Diwali week, New year & Christmas dates are peak season dates for Agra.
> Best Agra tour itinerary
As per this blog, and by many travel agency in Agra, you can explore all the main sites of the city in one day. Like visit Taj Mahal, Agra Fort, Baby Taj & Mehtab Bagh in 6-7 hours. But a proper itinerary for Agra is for 2 days, where we suggest:
- Day 1: Arrive in Agra by morning, direct or from Delhi, and visit Taj Mahal, Mehtab Bagh & Agra Fort till lunch.
- Then after lunch you can either explore local Agra sites like Baby Taj, Sikandra or visit one of below 2 options
- Option 1: Visit Fatehpur Sikri, and reach there by 4, explore the site till 6, come back to Agra, explore local Markets and rest for the day.
- Option 2: Visit Mathura Vrindavan temples, and reach Mathura from 4, visit the 2 main temples & then all the famous temples in Vrindavan till 9-10 pm, and rest for the night in Agra or Mathura.
- Day 2: Visit one of above 2 options which you left on day 1, after exploring Akbar Tomb, & Baby Taj.
- We suggest to visit Mathura & Vrindavan Temples on day 1, and then on day 2 you can sites left in Agra, Fatehpur Sikri till lunch time, and then enjoy a 4 hour tour of Keoladeo National Park in Bharatpur Rajasthan.
> Packages for Agra from Delhi
You can checkout our:
- Same day Agra tour by car, where we leave for Agra from Delhi by 7 am, reach Taj Mahal Parking by 10 am, and explore Taj Mahal, Mehtab Bagh, Agra Fort, Mathura Vrindavan/ Fatehpur Sikri till 7 pm & be back in Delhi by 11 pm. Fare @ Rs 6,000 for sedan car.
- Delhi Agra tour packages: These are our 10 well planned Delhi Agra tour packages from 2 days visit of Agra & all nearby sites with 5-6 days Delhi Agra tour with Jaipur, Amritsar, Manali etc. Fare @ Rs 4,000 person
- Agra Mathura Vrindavan tour, is one of our most popular Agra Sightseeing tour, where you hire our cab from Agra, to explore top sites in Agra till 4 pm & then visit Mathura Vrindavan till night & come back to Agra. Fare @ Rs 3,000 for sedan car
> Guide problem in Agra
Since Agra has become India’s number 1 tourist city, and so has the problems of tour guides forcing guests. We are not saying that all guides are fake but there still many fare ones. So how to get a good guide in Jaipur? Read below steps.
- Get a guide from your travel agency, they will never send a bad apple to you.
- No guide should force you to buy something or eat at their suggest place. the final choice is always of the guest.
- Always book a guide that has government tour licence. Well this step identification has now become easier as fake guides are now not allowed in ASI protected sites like Taj Mahal, Agra Fort etc.
> What is Taj Mahal Sunrise tour
You can get a special entry ticket from the main ticket counter ot Taj Mahal where you will arrive inside Taj Mahal by 5 pm or before sunrise, and then get the 1st view of Sunrise at Taj Mahal, which as per many travellers. bloggers shots is an amazing view. Know more about it at our Taj Mahal tour page.
> List of all the cities you can visit from Agra
The most near ones are Gwalior 120 km, Jaipur 250 km, Ranthambore National Park in Sawai Madhopur 290 km, and Delhi which is 235 km. Many of our guests also plan a tour of Delhi Agra Jaipur for minimum 4 days, & explore Delhi on day 1, Agra on day 2, Jaipur on day 3, and then plan departure from Jaipur or Delhi from Day 4. This is our Golden Triangle taxi tour package.
Plus also checkout hand Baori Stepwell site which is 150 km from Agra towards Jaipur route, and the famous Mehandipur Balaji temple which is close from here. Other notable places to explore near Agra are Deeg Palace, Bhangarh Fort, Khajuraho Temple & Lucknow city which is 335 km nut well connected with Yamuna Expressway.
Checkout our list of Agra tour packages, where you will best itineraries of all the places one can visit from Agra and in how many days, best fare, car only package etc, and feel free to call me & our team in Agra Delhi at: