Things to know before starting an Agra tour
Distance, time & route for Agra
- Agra is 250 km from Delhi, & it a 3-4 hour drive.
- The best route to reach Agra from Delhi is Yamuna expressway.
- You can book online e-tickets for Agra tourist sites at http://asimustsee.nic.in/taj-mahal-new.php
Entry tickets & timing of Agra tourist sites
- Taj Mahal: Rs 40 for Indian citizens, Rs 1,000 for foreign nationals
- Agra Fort: Rs 40 for locals and Rs 550 for foreign nationals.
- Mehtab Bag: Rs 15 for locals and Rs 200 for foreign nationals.
- Itmad-ud-Daulah: Rs 20 for locals and Rs 210 for foreign nationals.
- Fatehpur Sikri: Rs 40 for locals and Rs 510 for foreign nationals.
- Akbar’s Tomb: Rs 20 for locals and Rs 210 for foreign nationals.
Entry timing for all these sites are from Sunrise from Sunset, or from 6 am to 5:30 pm and Taj Mahal is closed for travellers on Friday.
In the above list, Fatehpur Sikri is 40 km west from Taj Mahal, and Akbar’s Tomb is in Sikandra, just outside Agra.
The entry tickets for travellers from SAARC & BIMSTEC Countries is lower than foreign nationals. Like entry ticket for Taj Mahal is Rs 530 for SAARC & BIMSTEC country travellers.